Monday, September 22, 2014

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day Twenty Two

"Chickadee and Chalk" LWatry©2014
Day 22 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days is completed. The painting is "Chickadee and Chalk"

I decided to paint a little simpler image for this painting because I have been getting bogged down in detailed scenes that take up to 6 hours to complete.

The concept for this painting is large pieces of chalk are laying around where a little child has played and a Chickadee has landed on one. I channeled my inner child to write the word 'bird' in chalk on the sidewalk.

To write like I was using chalk, I painted the lines and letters roughly and had some edges that were softened.

"Chickadee and Chalk" is a 6"x6" watercolor and it is available for purchase on Daily Paintworks for $150 (framed). Click here to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment